Friday, June 19, 2009

An Update on BOB =)

"O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me" Psalm 30:2

Just to give you a quick update......The Surgeon came into Bobs room tonight and said "We are amazed at how well he is doing....do you want to take him home?"'.......Of course we were amazed as well, and brought him home at around 5:30....He has to wear a rubber helmet for a while but who cares.
He is doing great!!!!!!!!! God is amazing!

On a personal note, I have felt a special responsibility for my three little guys, and have said to them many times " I will never let anything bad happen to you!" when they were afraid of something or someone. I felt that I needed to be their protector, and would do so no matter what!
When I saw Bob laying in that field, lifeless and covered with blood, The worst feeling I have ever had hit me in the deepest part of my soul I did not know existed. I knew instantly he was in trouble, and I knew that I had failed to protect him. I cried out to God "Not him, Not Now!" I prayed " We will deal with the injuries no matter how severe, just don't let him go!" I know that my prayer was the first to be cried out to the Lord, but I know that there were hundreds just minutes after. I have prayed to God since that I don't know if my prayer deserved any merit from God, but I do know that someones did! The family that was with me when this happened called today and said they have witnessed a miracle, and I I agreed. I have seen many on my journey with the Lord.
Most of all though, God has shown me that He was the protector of these little guys, not me!!!!!! He was with little Bob before I even got to him!!!! As a matter of fact, He has been with these boys since He formed them in the womb! Praise God!!!!

Thank you all for your earnest prayers for our family, we love ALL OF YOU!
Sincerely,
Coach David Ambrosetti

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that Bob has made it home and is recovering well! We have been praying and thinking of you often during the past several days! Praise be to God for his unending mercy towards us! Michael & Ethel Smith & family